When you started off as a coach, you had tools and assessments everywhere. In MS Word, links to the MBTI, Strengths Finder, Gallup, Excel, everything.
After some time, you eventually started using an online platform. But now you’re finding that there are gaps in this platform and you have are forced to make a change.
If this sounds like you, this article will provide insights to the best coaching platform, its benefits, and things to look for in an online platform.
What is E-Coaching & Why Is It Important?
E-coaching is a coaching service that is delivered over an electronic platform. The traditional coaching sessions where you meet the client over a cup of coffee or in your office are things of the past.
Coaching goals of transforming the life of a client in line with their aspirations remain the same. The only difference is that all coaching occurs through electronic mediums like Zoom, Messenger, or other widely used electronic communication methods.
E-coaching is important due to the following reasons:
- E-coaching expands the potential client base for a coach and removes traditional boundaries like geography, increasing the coach’s impact.
- Saves on commuting time and effort for both the coach and the client, resulting in effective usage of each other’s time and contributing towards lower carbon emissions and the environmental movement.
- There is a growing need for coaching as more and more people realize they want to live their optimal lives. E-coaching allows this demand to be met, especially in countries where there aren’t many qualified or accredited coaches.
8 Benefits of Coaching Management Platforms
A coaching management platform is beneficial both for the client and the coach. Let’s first look at benefits to clients, as coaches always have a client-first approach to everything.
Benefits to Clients
- Better accountability: When client assignments and activities are tracked online, and the progress is visible to the coach, clients tend to be more accountable in completing the exercises and making progress towards desired goals.
- Enhanced engagement: Coaches use e-coaching platforms to send reminders and keep clients engaged in between coaching sessions. Also, clients will have the opportunity to message coaches and receive quick responses if they have questions or need support when trying to implement experiments designed during coaching sessions.
- Ease of use and less confusion: When coaches use tools and tests from different sources, clients can get confused and overwhelmed. They can lose track of all the assignments.
- Best value for money: When there is less confusion, more engagement, and improved accountability, clients tend to get more value out of the coaching engagement. They can arrive at their goals sooner and tackle many obstacles that come their way.
Benefits to Coaches
- Greater satisfaction from client transformations: We are coaches because we care about people. Paying our bills is important too, but we get tremendous fulfillment when our clients use our tools and attain their goals. An e-coaching platform can enable clients to get the most out of coaching.
- Decreased overwhelm: Like everyone else, coaches also have a ton to do. That book we need to write, the new client we need to approach, the new course we need to record lessons for, tracking the progress of our current clients, and the list never ends. Having a platform to streamline some of these activities will reduce our risk of burnout.
- Efficient client management: An e-coaching platform provides the coach with options to re-use most exercises while making customizations as needed. Routine tasks of the client journey can be automated as well.
- Access to best practices: Most coaching platforms let coaches share knowledge and best practices through a community. Coaches can ask questions and learn about how other coaches deal with similar situations.
How To Choose An Online Coaching Platform
A coaching platform that works for a coach with 20 rotating clients will not necessarily work for a coach working with 50 clients in a group setting.
Choosing an online coaching platform takes time and effort — resources that we have little of. Below are the steps you can follow so you don’t have to spend much time picking a coaching platform.
- Assess where your coaching practice is now and where you want it to be in five years. It is important to find a coaching solution that enables you to scale up to your ideal practice in the future.
- What are the key differentiators of your coaching practice? What’s most important to you? Reflecting on these questions will help you understand what you absolutely need in an e-coaching platform.
- List all the criteria that you want in an online coaching platform and prioritize them in relation to the future of your coaching practice.
- Evaluate the top digital coaching platforms, keeping in mind that all of your criteria may not be met. But remember that the platform may have future plans to add more features, including the feature you’re looking for.
- Try free trials or watch demos of your top three picks to get a hands-on feel of the tool. This will clarify the platform’s user-friendliness, ease of use, and aesthetic appeal.
- Purchase your top e-coaching platform based on the trial results. You are all set now!
6 Things To Look For In A Virtual Platform
Based on coaching philosophies, styles, and priorities, different coaches may look for different things in a virtual coaching platform. Here are some criteria that you can consider:
- Features for client engagement: Clients are the priority for most coaches. So, a coaching platform should provide client-centric features like progress tracking, instant messaging, the ability to set reminders, mobile accessibility, and downloading of exercises.
- Efficiency features: How easy is it for a coach to set up repeatable and automated tasks? How much time can the platform save, enabling the coach to spend more time supporting clients?
- Tiered pricing: How much can you afford on a platform based on your earning potential? Are there ways to add features as the coaching practice grows?
- Integration with other tools: Many coaches use multiple tools like Calendly, Zoom, and Google Calendar. If the coaching platform integrates with these external tools, life would be much easier for a coach.
- Engaged coaching community: Coaches need to keep abreast of the latest findings in psychology and personal development. What better way to keep learning than an engaged community that raises thought-provoking questions about transforming client lives?
- Customer support: Like all technology, e-coaching platforms will hit snags at times. Things will not work as you imagined at first. You need a support team that goes above and beyond to help you resolve issues while listening to your suggestions for future features.
What Is The Best Digital Coaching Platform?
There are many platforms for telehealth companies in nutrition and fitness spaces. Although certain features are applicable to other coaches, some of these platforms do not suit the needs of a coach.
Not to overwhelm you, we have picked the top three coaching platforms available online:
|If you’re a coach whose top priority is client engagement and accountability, this is the coaching platform for you.|
Main features include an Activity builder, automated pathways, science-based activities, community support, app availability, progress tracker, HIPAA-compliant, GDPR-compliant, online communication and customization.
|Price:||Starts at $49/month|
|Cons:||A relatively new platform, but valuable features are continuously being added|
|Free Trial:||30-day trial for only $1|
|What’s great about this tool is its ability to customize the platform completely. This is an attractive solution because we know that each client is different and needs customization.|
Main features include a client-facing habit tracker, engagement tools, automated sequences, cards for reminders and motivation, monthly challenges, HIPAA-compliant, integration with Zoom and app availability.
|Price:||Starts at $30/month|
|Cons:||Does not include payments or scheduling|
|Free Trial:||Available for first three clients|
|If you recently became a coach and want an e-coaching platform to lower the administrative burden, this is the solution for you.|
The main features include payment processing, scheduling, coaching plans, reminders, branding, app availability, GDPR-compliant and a progress tracker.
|Price:||Starts at $20/month|
|Cons:||Mostly an admin tool|
|Free Trial:||30-day free trial|
How To Use Quenza Coaching Software & App
Quenza has some neat features that make it a great e-coaching platform and CRM solution for coaches.
Dashboard of all CRM activities
The Quenza dashboard summarizes notifications, active clients, activities in progress, and pathways in progress for the coach.
You can review the dashboard periodically to catch up on how your clients are doing and check in if any support or intervention is needed.
Client relationship between sessions
The coaching platform helps manage client engagement in between sessions. Coaches can schedule automated activities to be sent to clients as reminders. These activities can include reflections, personality tests, videos, and other resources.
Expert community of coaches
A coach is always learning. We learn from other coaches, psychologists, and even clients. The community in Quenza helps coaches share and learn best practices, enabling the community to keep track of the latest developments in the field.
3 Best Tools in Quenza For Life Coaches
Life coaches deal with all things life — life transitions, relationships, grief, increasing fulfillment, just to name a few. If you’re a life coach, these tools can help you help your clients.
Automation Through Pathways
Pathways are a collection of activities that are scheduled to be sent to the client at set intervals. This feature capitalizes on similarities between different client journeys and automates client relationship management.
For example, your discovery questionnaires, values-mining exercises, goal-mining activities, and strengths tests are common to almost all clients.
Self-directed Learning Paths
Life coaches get a variety of clients, and they may require self-directed learning paths that work for their specific situations. When you discuss client goals and come up with a plan of attack, have you ever wondered how easy it would have been if there was a way to automate this plan?
With Quenza’s pathways, there is a way. You can simply create the pathway by collaborating with your client, and everything will run like clockwork from thereon.
The Wheel of Life
One of the most recent features of Quenza is the functionality of creating the wheel of life for your client. You can create the wheel by using these life domains: partner, learning, money, recreation, career, health, environment, community, family, and friends.
[New Feature] Make Your Own Wheel of Life Using Quenza
The Wheel of Life is one of the most popular coaching tools out there.
As coaches, we are on a mission to upgrade our clients’ lives in a direction they’ve chosen. Upgrading our online care through the best coaching platform can help us deliver the best possible service.