Do you deliver training sessions or programs to employees and regularly hand out feedback forms? Or dor you teach valuable skills to groups and teams?
If the answer is yes or you specialize in similar solutions, then learning and improvement are at the heart of your value offer. This article will show you how to apply those principles to your own workshops, classes, and courses with an exceptional feedback form for training.
Want more relevant insights from your training feedback forms? Design your own today—you’ll find all the tools you need to make and share personalized, professional forms with your participants in Quenza’s $1 trial.
Sending Feedback Forms After Your Training Sessions
A training feedback form is a simple, yet super-effective way to evaluate the success of a training session after it has been delivered.
While simple to put together, these questionnaires can provide you with lots of insight into how your participants experienced the session and where it could be improved.
Training feedback forms provide you with valuable insight into how you can deliver more effective, successful, and engaging sessions.
Among other things, asking the right questions on your feedback form is critical if you want to find out how you can:
- Improve your program content
- Better engage your participants
- Enhance their learning outcomes, and ultimately
- Deliver more relevant, enjoyable, and valuable training programs in the future.
The items you include will vary depending on your program and audience, but successful feedback forms typically contain a few key elements:
- Introduction: Reminding your participants of the time, date, session location. This should also include any trainers’ names, and any instructions your participants will need to fill out the form.
- Sections: Structuring your form with component parts will help you explore it from different angles without forgetting any essential questions.
- Freeform items: Include some space for your participants to share any comments and observations that you may not have asked about.
- Thank You: A nice sign off that will also keep your brand or business at the top of your participant’s minds!
6 Evaluation Form Templates For Your Program
If you’re after examples to help you create a useful feedback form, the following templates include a few good starting points.
1. Session Feedback Form
The best way to ensure you ask relevant questions is by creating your own feedback form for training.
Customizing Quenza Expansions like the Session Feedback Form template shown below allows you to add your own questions into a pre-made template, which you can then save and share with an entire class or cohort of participants.
The Session Feedback Form asks clients a range of (customizable) questions about their experience of a coaching session, all of which are easily tweaked to suit your particular course.
The form includes instructions for participants, i.e. “rate each of the following components of our sessions with your coach on a scale of 1 (extremely poor) to 5 (extremely strong).”
Sample items include:
- Coaching session structure
- Ability to discuss your needs for continued progression
- Efficacy of activities
- Goal-setting processes.
If you’ve already started your 1-month trial of Quenza, just head to your Expansions to customize, brand, and send this Expansion Activity for free.
2. Coach Evaluation Form
Quenza’s customizable Coach Evaluation Form Expansion, shown below, is a free template that can be used to collect client feedback on your performance as a coach.
The Coach Evaluation Form is split into several sections that assess Working Relationship, Results, and Overall Satisfaction with the coaching, for example:
- My coach focused on what was important to me.
- My coach began and finished our sessions on time.
- My coach challenged me when/if that was appropriate.
This template is a great way to save time by simply editing a pre-formatted digital form. If that sounds like something you’re after, the next section includes some sample questions for you to consider using.
3. Session Rating Scale
Another pre-made feedback form Expansion is Quenza’s Session Rating Scale, pictured here.
This is a brief, convenient template to edit if you’ve already decided on your training feedback form items and are not keen to start from scratch.
You’ll find six pre-formatted sections to guide you in here: Relationship, Goals and Topics, Approach or Method, and Overall, as well as Introduction and Thank You headers.
This Expansion comes complete with client tokens, so you can send a personalized copy to each participant.
3 Free Feedback Form Templates in Word
Looking for free word documents you can use for inspiration?
Try these three forms below:
- Northwestern University Training Evaluation Form
- Aberystwyth University Departmental Training Feedback Form
- Venture Team Building Learner Feedback Form
12 Sample Questions To Include In Your Sheets
Much like the Expansions we’ve just seen, an effective feedback form is a great opportunity to explore your training program from multiple angles.
- The efficacy of the exercises
- Whether the learning materials were tailored to participants’ needs and goals
- Overall engagement levels
- The relevance of the training program for employees, students, or team
Using a combination of Likert scale and open-ended questions makes it much easier to do that, while also collecting more in-depth feedback and proactive suggestions from participants.
Here are some questions that you can use to glean insight into key categories for your program.
Rate your satisfaction level on a scale of 1 (Strongly Agree) to 5 (Strongly Disagree) for each of the elements below. (Note: Make sure to include an option for “Not Applicable.”)
- The training goals were met
- The training was relevant and helpful
- The difficulty level of the program was appropriate
- The program was clearly introduced
On the same scale:
- I received timely feedback from my trainer
- The feedback I received from my trainer was helpful
- My trainer was able to explain and illustrate concepts
- What did your trainer do very well?
- How could your trainer improve their approach for the next program?
You might also want to find out the extent to which your participants agree or disagree with the following:
- The learning materials were of good quality
- The exercises were relevant and helpful
- The program content was delivered in a convenient manner
Best Virtual Tool For Your Training Workshop and Course
Now that you’ve got a few solid ideas of how to get started, you’re ready to create shareable feedback forms and send them out.
If you’re serious about implementing your participants’ feedback and improving your sessions or workshops, make your forms as convenient and pain-free to fill out as possible.
Quenza’s client app is free for all your participants, who can download it and fill out your forms in a few clicks. Not only this, but as a trainer, you can also use Quenza to:
- Design your forms
- Send them to individual participants or entire groups
- Keep tabs on who has/hasn’t completed their form
- Send in-app reminders to participants
- Generate instant results from their feedback, and
- Download PDF copies of each form, all forms, or your reports.
This next section will show you how.
How To Make and Send Feedback Forms with Quenza
Whether you’re editing an Expansion or building one from scratch, making a form is as straightforward as drag-and-drop with Quenza’s Activity Builder.
1. Design Your Form
There are two ways to create a new feedback form for your training program using Quenza:
- Search for the Expansion you want to edit and open it in your Activity Builder, or
- Open a blank Activity Builder template.
Once you’ve done this, select relevant pre-made fields from the right-hand menu and drag them into your template as shown:
You can also create sections and headers to format your form, text boxes for your Introduction and Thank You sections, and populate your drop-down menus, check boxes, numerical scales, and more with custom items.
If you want to create a truly engaging form, don’t be afraid to use images and multimedia-Quenza is perfect for uploading your own Vimeo, YouTube, or image files for a professional touch.
2. Brand Your Form
When your form is complete, you can give it a finishing flourish by adding your own professional logo.
Click to learn how to customize all your forms with Quenza White Label in a few simple steps!
3. Send Your Form
You can share any finished feedback form with participants one by one by selecting their name from the list of Clients once you hit “Send”.
Alternatively, if you have saved a Group of class, workshop, or program members, select the Groups tab at the top of the same page.
Before you do so, you have the option to pre-set reminders for your participants, which means they’ll get a little nudge after a custom interval of your choosing!
6+ Unique Tools Included In Quenza
If evaluating training programs is only one part of your role—if you create and deliver coaching or learning content, too—there are many more ways to save time and increase your impact using Quenza’s toolkit.
Activity Builder, Expansions, and White Label aside, here are some of the ways to can engage, support, and guide clients using all of its features and tools:
- Pathway tools are a simple, quick way to build programs, classes, workshops, and sequences of Activities, then drip-feed them to clients at custom intervals.
- Quenza Chat gives you a secure and private way to communicate with clients in real-time.
- Quenza Files, also GDPR- and HIPAA-compliant, is a convenient storage feature for keeping all your files and other content in one place. Save time by sharing items with clients from here, or receiving files that they share with you.
- Quenza Notes is perfect for creating private session notes or collaborative documents that your clients and participants can annotate and comment on.
- Organizations helps you collaborate seamlessly with different members of your company or practice, e.g. by transferring clients.
- The Groups feature is an easy and organized way to create classes or teams then coach, tutor, or train them together.
Now it’s time to put what you’ve learned into practice and start learning from your sessions.
Feedback forms are some of the lowest-hanging tools out there if you want to deliver better sessions, so make sure you work through this guide as you build!
Want to start now? Quenza’s $1 trial contains all you need to build and send professionally branded training feedback forms today. Collect data and generate instant reports to improve your sessions and become a more effective trainer!