It’s one thing to start up a life coaching practice, but most professionals reach a point where coaching by the hour simply isn’t sustainable. Eventually, all coaches need new, more ways to grow their careers and their client lists.
Life coaching packages represent the next step up in professional e-coaching and can represent a fundamental shift in the way you develop others. Learn how to create your own coaching packages that sell with our guide, and use our examples to get started.
If your goal is to help your clients with effective, engaging coaching packages, you’ll love our $1 trial of Quenza’s e-coaching software. Quenza will help you build and deliver uniquely impactful coaching packages seamlessly, and will give you everything you need to run your classes or workshops from any connected device.
What is a Life Coaching Package? 2 Examples
If you’re starting out as a life coach, chances are you’ve been charging an hourly rate for your services or billing your clients by the session. It’s a common enough way to practice, but it can also be very limiting.
You may have noticed this yourself: the more clients you enroll, the busier your calendar becomes – until very soon, you’re finally booked out. By charging an hourly rate, you’ve not only capped your earning potential, but you’ve also limited the number of clients you can help.
Life coaching packages are a scalable alternative to pricing your services by the hour or session, and can help you reach more clients with your services and solutions.
By bundling your services into all-inclusive solutions, packages give you a highly scalable way to manage and grow your online coaching business, and is a sustainable alternative to an hourly pricing structure.
Packages also help you reach more clients, as any experienced life coach will have more than one client with the same goals or challenges. Offering packages can leverage this to your advantage, by enabling you to offer structured solutions to more people. Essentially, you’re addressing the most common of your clients’ problems to a larger, growing pool of coachees.
The following two examples show you how they work.
Mindset coaching is a popular way to help life coaching clients who are seeking clarity, new perspectives, and insight to fulfill their personal potential.
While a client’s specific life goals will always be unique, a mindset coach generally supports and guides them using the same evidence-based frameworks or approaches.
For example, a mindset coach will create value by helping clients:
- Identify their core personal values
- Recognize and challenge their limiting self-beliefs
- Establish new, helpful mindsets
- Set meaningful development goals, and
- Develop personal action plans.
A mindset life coaching package might cover all these development stages throughout five personal coaching sessions, or a similar arrangement that suits both a coach and their client.
Clients typically work with career and life coaches to achieve specific professional goals. An example package might be called Discover Your Ideal Career and include the following:
- Initial assessments – e.g. personality, skills, and values assessments (Session 1)
- Finding Your Ikigai – a session where clients use insights from their assessments to identify an ideal career (Session 2)
- Developing a Personal Value Statement, Cover Letter, or CV (Session 3)
- Creating a Career Strategy (Session 4).
How To Create A Life Coaching Package
Solution-focused coaching packages, which we’ve just seen two examples of, are a great way to package your coaching solutions. Before turning your idea into a practical, value-creating course, though, you’ll need to decide how you’ll interact with your clients.
Some practical ways to deliver your package include:
- One-on-one (personal) coaching – scheduled, time-limited sessions with a single coachee
- Group coaching – with proper implementation, these can be highly scalable
- E-courses – e.g. self-paced learning modules
- Webinars or workshops, or
- Blended learning approaches – which combine digital and offline solutions in a way that best suits your coachees.
Before you launch into creating your first package, think about how you prefer to interact with clients. Which package type best suits your typical coachee, and how do the different models fit into your work schedule?
Once you’ve decided on a framework that works, map it out on paper. This will be your first step to designing an online coaching package that you can share with your clients!
A Look At Online Coaching Packages
Once you’ve mapped your ideas out as a coaching program, the next step is to put it all together.
It’s absolutely essential to have a reliable set of online tools when you’re building your program. Your toolkit should include everything you need to design resources, curate them into a program, and share them digitally with clients in a logical, stepwise sequence that drives positive results.
Quenza’s e-coaching toolbox is a fantastic example of what you’ll be using to create an online coaching package:
Alternatively, you can choose and customize pre-made coaching templates from Quenza’s Expansion Library to suit your package:
Any coaching tools you customize from your Expansion Library (above) or Activity Builder can also be branded with your business logo, which is a strategic way to market or promote your signature coaching programs and packages.
With Quenza, you can assemble these into an ordered sequence of lessons or modules that will make up your package:
Using Quenza’s Pathway Builder, shown above, this is as easy as choosing the resources you’d like to deliver as separate ‘steps’ in your package.
Best Tool For Offering Your Services
Quenza gives you a unique level of freedom if you’re planning to create coaching packages, from your very first package prototype to add-ons you’ll eventually want to design.
Inevitably, you’ll want to create more packages, programs, and courses once your first one takes off – which is where Quenza’s customizability can help you scale, grow, and reach new heights as a professional.
With Quenza, you can:
- Stay in touch with your clients through Quenza’s HIPAA-compliant group coaching chat or one-on-one instant messaging
- Collect and store their results, form data, and client details automatically with Quenza’s live results tracking
- Give your coachees a private coaching portal with the client app
- Document your sessions by creating private client notes, and
- Deliver a completely unique, branded coaching package using Quenza’s multilingual app features and custom brand colors.
If you’re after more inspiring ways to use Quenza when putting your package together, take a look at more of its unique features in our guide to Easy To Use Software for Life Coaches.
15 Samples and Templates For Your Program
Whether you specialize in financial, relationship, health, nutrition, or another life coaching niche entirely, proper program design is key to delivering a seamless coaching experience that engages, motivates, and empowers your clients.
For 15 practical coaching package examples, check out some of the programs we’ve outlined here: How To Build A Coaching Program: 15+ Fantastic Templates.
How To Price Your Packages: 3 Fee Options
With your packages developed and ready to go, the last thing to think about is how you’ll price your products.
While you can always use your standard hourly rate as a guide, it’s critical to remember that packaging your products can add significant value to your offer.
In other words, rather than selling a gradual process that takes clients from A to B, you’re now selling a complete solution – and that’s something most clients will pay extra for.
Consider offering a few fee options if you’re hoping to reach a broader market of potential clients, for example:
- Coaching Package A – a basic but effective package for clients who are short on time or new to coaching (e.g. a ‘Bronze’, ‘Starter’, or ‘Quick Transformation’ package)
- Coaching Package B – building on Package A, you might dive deeper with a ‘Silver,’ ‘Intermediate,’ or ‘Empowerment’ package. This might include more one-on-one feedback or support sessions, or you might share additional relevant tools
- Coaching Package C – a comprehensive, all-inclusive, or intensive life coaching solution that might include post-package follow-up, membership to a peer support group, or lifetime access to your course-relevant coaching resources.
How Much To Charge For Your Packages
The amount you charge for your packages should represent your experience, track record, and many more factors.
While there’s no ‘right’ amount to charge, the following are a few questions that you’ll want to ask yourself while you’re pricing your packages.
- How much can my target clients realistically pay for a solution?
- What existing social proof or results might add value to my life coaching package?
- What are coaches with a similar level of experience charging for their courses?
- How much did it cost me to create this package?
- How much will it cost me to deliver it?
- How much value will my clients ultimately get from coaching packages A, B, or C?
Selling and Marketing Your Packages: 3 Tips
Now that it’s finally ready to go, it’s time to promote your packages.
As a coach, you may be more used to supporting, inspiring, and guiding than selling, but a few simple strategies can make your marketing efforts go much further.
Here are a few tips to help you market your packages successfully.
- Build your online presence. Think about social media platforms your potential clients are likely to use, and how they interact with the web. Where are the most strategic places you can blog, post, or network?
- Create a lead magnet. Create an email marketing incentive for coaching packages for visitors to your coaching website or social media page. Can you pique their interest with a free life coaching tool?
- Showcase your results. Do you have satisfied past clients who will happily provide a testimonial for your website? Can you demonstrate how great your process is in a video or podcast?
If you’re a professional life coach who’s looking to grow, coaching packages are the next strategic step to expanding your reach and your impact.
Use this guide as a starting point to planning your first package, and you’ll soon be helping others grow, learn, and achieve their potential in exciting new ways!
We hope this article helped you. To start designing and offer your own life coaching packages today, start Quenza’s $1, 30 day trial now for a month of unlimited access to Quenza’s digital coaching toolkit.
Quenza will help you deliver personalized life coaching solutions easily and efficiently with those you coach, and will arm you with everything you need to grow your online business even more effectively.