Therapy programs can help you run your counseling or teletherapy practice more efficiently, but are you using the right tools for the job?
The range of advantages offered by today’s advanced e-therapy solutions is extensive, and if your tools aren’t enhancing your impact, you might be stuck with the wrong toolkit. Check out our top tips for choosing an ideal therapy program for your private practice, so that you can start improving your patient’s outcomes with more engaging, personal solutions.
Before you continue, we recommend you try Quenza, our HIPAA-compliant therapy program, for 30 days at just $1. Quenza’s purpose-built, customizable therapy tools will help you deliver unique, personalized e-mental health treatments under your practice brand, and take your business digital today.
What is a Practice Management Program?
To practice online therapy, providers rely on specialized software that is purpose-built for digital interventions and communication.
The array of different tools that an online therapy program might offer is extensive, but most available software today tends to specialize in practice management.
Therapy programs play an essential role in busy industries such as healthcare, e-clinics, teletherapies, and hospitals, by allowing more patients to receive vital care and treatment when they need it.
Practice management programs enable practitioners to centralize all their business operations in a single virtual space. They often come equipped with:
- E-calendars for appointment scheduling
- Billing tools for invoicing clients
- Superbilling and claims management functions for insurance processing
- Videoconferencing or instant messaging communication tools
- Data collection functions
- Documentation tools for note-taking, or
- All of the above.
By improving operational efficiency, reducing the risk of errors, and improving patient-provider communication, these programs are designed to reduce the administrative burden on providers at all levels.
Their essential role in busy industries such as healthcare, e-clinics, teletherapies, and hospitals is to allow more patients to receive vital care and treatment when they need it.
Practice Management vs. Therapy Programs
Mental health settings, such as teletherapy or online psychiatry practices, often require more specialized solutions.
E-counselors, e-therapists, and telepsychiatrists deal frequently with highly confidential patient information, such as psychotherapy notes and treatment plans, meaning they require specially encrypted therapy programs to perform their core tasks.
While they can still come as all-in-one toolkits that perform the same practice management tasks, therapy programs and platforms must therefore be HIPAA-compliant to protect patient privacy and security.
Quenza’s inbuilt GDPR compliance, AES-256 encryption. and personal password protection are a few great examples of the features that specially built therapy software uses to ensure PHI protection at every stage.
Therapy programs such as Quenza (pictured) also help e-mental health specialists carry out the key processes involved in specialist mental health treatment by giving the tools to:
- Design and deliver therapeutic interventions, such as activities, exercises, and psychoeducational content
- Organize personalized solutions into care pathways or treatment plans
- Monitor mental health symptoms and treatment progress, and
- Build patient health engagement in therapy.
With the right tools, they are a convenient, simple, and efficient way to deliver science-based therapy aligned to specific patient goals, which can cover everything from online CBT and talk therapy to applied behavioral analysis, stress management, or MCBT interventions.
8 Benefits of Using Therapy Programs
There are many ways that therapy programs help practitioners, aside from the obvious efficiency advantages of faster administration. Customizable therapy software, in particular, is especially useful for boosting client engagement, which ultimately enhances the likelihood of better patient outcomes from treatment.
With the right tools for private practice and client engagement, customizable therapy programs and applications such as Quenza give practitioners the ability to:
- Build motivation for therapy between sessions, e.g. by sending homework or giving timely, personal feedback on progress
- Tailor science-based treatments and interventions to specific client needs, e.g. using templates like Quenza’s Expansion Library
- Collect patient data in real-time, such as results from mood diaries, symptom trackers, and mental health assessments
- Design and use custom therapy note templates, such as SOAP, DAP, or BIRP note templates with specialized sections
- Organize unique activities, lessons, and other offers into bespoke courses or programs
- Create and automate care pathways with the most relevant solutions and delivery schedule for their clients
- Communicate with their patients privately and securely at any time, and
- Store therapy notes and confidential chat logs according to HIPAA regulations.
7 Things To Look For In Software
If you’re running a private therapy practice or starting out as an e-counselor, you’ll likely find many programs offer more tools and features than you need.
Customizable therapy software is a great way to deliver high-caliber, personalized interventions effectively, without paying for more than you use.
Quenza’s purpose-built toolkit is developed by blended care therapists to include everything you need to run your digital practice professionally, while maximizing your value to clients.
Some of the tools that can help you enhance your clients’ outcomes – and grow your business – include Quenza’s:
- Bespoke Activity Builder
- Custom Pathways Tool
- Expansion library
- Live progress and client tracking
- Real-time HIPAA-compliant chat
- White Label feature, and
- Multilingual client apps.
Quenza’s easy-to-use, powerful therapy tools can help you in your private counseling practice by ensuring you can apply your specialized skills to their full potential in a digital context, meaning that you can help others even more effectively.
How To Use Quenza in your Practice
There are three main ways that Quenza works beautifully as a therapy program for any-sized practice.
Whether you deliver group therapy, one-on-one virtual programs, or psychoeducational e-courses, it comes with all the convenient online tools you need to:
- Design unique therapy interventions and resources under your own practice brand
- Craft tailored programs and pathways for your clients’ specific goals, and
- Deliver your solutions automatically, according to pre-determined schedules and treatment plans.
On your patients’ ends, Quenza’s client apps serve as convenient, fully equipped private portals, where they can access and interact with your therapy resources securely from anywhere in the world.
Writing & Documenting Therapy Notes
For therapists and counselors, one of the most brilliant ways to get familiar with Quenza’s most useful tools is by creating therapy note templates.
Not only can these be saved in your Library for faster, more convenient documentation during sessions, but you’ll be able to explore all the unique features that help you brand, personalize, and organize your therapy activities later.
Head to your Activity Builder to create well-designed SOAP note structures, for example, using easy drag-and-drop tools and a saved, titled template that suits your needs:
Because your Activity Builder includes everything you need to create sections, text fields, multiple-choice, drop down, and checkbox questions, you can create any kind of psychotherapy note template quickly from scratch.
Whether you use the standard Subjective, Objective, Assessment, and Plan headers as shown, or integrate your own subheadings and fields, you can customize all of your templates simply by choosing from different Activity Builder fields such as client tokens (e.g. title) and multimedia uploads.
If you’d like to share copies of your notes with patients, you can deliver them instantly from your Library to their client apps, along with automated notifications or reminders.
They’ll receive them in real time through Quenza’s HIPAA-compliant platform, where they can also download your resources as printable PDF copies.
For interactive content, such as Quenza’s Session Notes for Clients, you can use your Pathways Tool to assemble different note template Activities into organized sequences.
In your Pathway Builder, pictured, you can organize these into automated therapy journeys.
By setting different intervals between ‘steps,’ you can schedule exercises, notes, and resources to be delivered ahead of time according to a schedule you’ve decided on with your patient.
Your HIPAA-compliant therapy platform automatically collects all your clients’ responses and feedback in real time, meaning that you’re always free to modify or amend a treatment journey based on their progress.
5 Features in Quenza For Therapists
Quenza’s unique features also include a range of powerful functions that can take your private practice to the next level.
Whether you’re sending digital counseling intake forms or running an outreach program for your clinic with bespoke Activities, don’t miss Quenza’s:
- White label feature – for uploading your own logo into e-resources and activities
- Multilingual client app – which helps you reach clients in their native language
- Expansion Library – a packed in-app resource for customizable therapy activities and forms
- Quenza Chat – with opt-in or out notifications for real-time client communication, and
- Wheel of Life template – a creative way to design your own mental health or life coaching tools if you offer supporting services.
If you’re not offering e-therapy from your practice yet, a powerful, easy-to-use therapy toolkit can help you create and share beautiful, unique interventions using your tried-and-true arsenal.
Today, therapy programs such as Quenza offer an endless range of brilliant possibilities when it comes to treating mental health conditions of all kinds from a distance, so don’t be afraid to dip your toe in the water when it comes to blended care.
We hope you enjoyed this resource. To start creating note templates, activities, and pathways of your own, don’t forget to start your 1 month trial for $1 access to Quenza’s complete therapy toolkit.
Our fully customizable therapy program comes with everything you need to run your private practice digitally from any device, so that you can deliver professional, personalized therapy that will maximize your patients’ wellbeing gains.