As a life coach, empowering clients is at the heart of your profession, but the specialized support you provide during sessions is only the tip of the iceberg.
To arm those you help with the knowledge, skills, and engagement required to make progress on their own, it’s essential to have the right tools for life coaching. If you’re ready to branch out beyond generic coaching templates, consider this your guide to designing engaging, inspiring tools for those you help.
Before you dive in, why not try building your own tools for life coaching with Quenza’s $1, 30 day professional trial? Quenza’s uniquely designed e-coaching toolkit will help you design, personalize, and deliver life coaching solutions with a personal touch, allowing you to help your clients achieve their most meaningful goals even more effectively.
What Are Life Coaching Tools?
If you’re starting out as a virtual practitioner, it can be particularly helpful to think of life coaching tools as falling into various categories.
They can include:
- Assessments, such as quizzes, surveys, or psychological scales that determine a client’s status or goals
- Lessons, e.g. psychoeducational interventions, which encompass video tutorials, worksheets, or audio guides
- Meditations, such as a Needs Check-In or Body Scan for stress management, mindfulness, or intrinsic motivation
- Exercises, which introduce your coachees to new skills or help them develop existing capabilities, or
- Evaluations, like self-reflection prompts and debriefing worksheets to encourage deeper learning or Coach Evaluation Forms to help you apply feedback-informed coaching.
A great way to view life coaching tools is to think of them as building blocks. Not only do they allow you to transfer knowledge to your coachees and build their motivation, but they also serve as key structural components of your coaching programs.
By thinking of your various life coaching tools and their goals as steps, you can create logically tailored pathways that lead your clients on their development journeys toward their specific goals.
7 Popular Tools For Life Coaching in The Digital Age
By thinking about life coaching tools and their goals as steps, you can start to create logically tailored pathways that lead your clients on their development journeys toward their specific goals.
If you’re accustomed to interacting on a face-to-face basis with your clients, you’ll be glad to know that most life coaching tools translate particularly well into digital settings with a few slight adaptations.
While you’ll need to consider how you’ll build and maintain your coachees’ engagement, there is a wealth of tools that can help you establish collaborative, productive coaching partnerships for the results your clients want to achieve.
3 Life Coaching Tools for Assessment
Before your virtual sessions even begin, intake and assessment tools for life coaching allow you to understand your clients’ current status, as well as their goals and drivers.
A few examples include Quenza’s:
- Pre-Coaching Questionnaire: Which clients can complete to share more about their background, hopes, and expectations for their coaching
- Life Domain Satisfaction Survey: To identify how clients feel about 16 different life domains, e.g. work, relationships, money, and family
- Wheel of Life: One of the best-known life coaching assessments, this versatile tool can give you insight into a coachee’s perceived satisfaction with various domains of life.
4 Tools for Your Life Coaching Sessions
Returning to our theme of life coaching tools as ‘building blocks,’ different interventions, exercises, activities, and worksheets lend themselves well to various stages of key coaching frameworks.
Deciding on the most appropriate life coaching tools for clients will always involve personalization, but with a library of options to choose from you can personalize your most reliable life coaching templates based on a client’s:
- Character strengths
- Preferred learning style – e.g. interactive videos vs. text-based resources
- Goals and objectives
- Lifestyle – e.g. how much time can they realistically dedicate to daily learning?
- Personal values, interests, and more.
Using the GROW Model of Coaching as an example, here are a few sample life coaching tools that are well-suited to Goal-Setting, Reality, Options, and Will coaching goals.
Quenza Life Coaching Tool
Help clients create positive habits that support goal achievement
Reveal important information about a client’s key personal strengths
Facilitate client decision-making by inviting them to consider the future consequences of their potential options.
Helps clients create a healthy balance between their future goals and the present moment.
Best Virtual Tools For Life Coaches
Not all tools are designed for life coaching clients, especially as more development specialists go digital.
The marketplace for tools beyond templates has become increasingly diverse, and a good software toolkit like Quenza can equip you with everything you need to build custom e-coaching tools beyond popular templates.
With Quenza, you can start creating life coaching solutions from Expansions, or pre-made Activities:
Designing and personalizing coaching templates from Quenza’s Expansion Library means you can include your own unique multimedia, professional logo, and uploads in various tools without starting from scratch.
You might add your own unique content and custom questions to popular Activities such as the Diaphragmatic Breathing (Belly Breathing) Expansion, Before You Die Bucket List, or Quenza’s Completing Sentences to Clarify Values exercise to personalize interventions for different clients.
With Quenza, you can even craft life coaching tools for clients from blank templates, using drag-and-drop tools in your flexible Activity Builder:
Simply open your Activity Builder to start designing a custom life coaching tool from the ground-up, creating sections with text breaks, questions with check boxes, and self-reflection prompts with open answer fields.
When you’re ready to send your Activities, your tools can instantly be shared with clients on their mobile apps, or each tool can be scheduled as a step within a larger coaching program.
How To Send Tools For Clients with Quenza
Whether you’re customizing ready-to-go Expansions or creating from a blank Activity Builder template, you’ve got a plethora of options for designing tools for life coaching with Quenza’s flexible features.
For instance, you might want to create:
- Coaching or therapeutic games for younger clients
- Worksheets for homework between sessions
- Mood trackers, behavior diaries, habit journals, gratitude journals, and other daily logs
- Interactive e-lessons, learning modules, or full online courses
- Downloadable resources with information, self-help tips, or quotes
- Quizzes, assessments, surveys, or questionnaires, or any other coaching tools that channel your unique style.
5 Unique Features Included in Quenza
For personal and group coaching alike, Quenza also contains a host of tools and features to help you keep your clients motivated and on track.
A range of client engagement tools allow you to monitor progress and improvements, such as Quenza’s:
- Automatic notifications and client reminders
- Email messaging, so you can send or re-send Activities
- Live results tracking, which shows you whether clients have engaged with your tools yet and their status
- Range of in-built coaching portal customization options, such as the multilingual app feature or custom app colors
- Instant, private messaging, keeping you in touch with clients through HIPAA-compliant Quenza Chat, and more.
Essentially, Quenza puts you in complete control over how you coach and the tools you choose to use. Unlike many other coaching solutions, you’re free to explore your own creativity and differentiate your business while enhancing your clients results and successes.
A Look At Quenza Coaching Software
As your life coaching practice grows, so will your workload – but the last thing you should do is stop personalizing your solutions.
With the right tools for custom content design, program curation, and client engagement, Quenza can give you the creative freedom and efficiency you need to deliver impactful, bespoke digital tools, without doing it all by hand.
Using Quenza’s unique toolkit for life coaches, you can equip your clients with the tools they need to develop while growing your brand and professional skill set.
Why not try:
- Designing a Mood Tracker for develop your clients’ emotional awareness
- Crafting personalized Wheel of Life tools for life coaching clients with different domains, or
- Modifying an Expansion Pathway like the Three Good Things sequence with custom steps of your own?
Life coaching is one of the easiest development services to translate into a virtual setting, but it requires a decidedly more personal approach than many other niches.
Customizable software is key to creating unique, engaging life coaching tools that really make a positive impact, and with flexible tools such as Quenza’s, you’re in the driving seat.
We hope the tricks and tips in this resource were helpful. Don’t forget to start your $1 trial to design your own tools for life coaching with Quenza. Our uniquely customizable e-coaching platform will help you craft client-centered solutions for a bigger positive impact, and equip you with everything needed to run your practice seamlessly from any connected device.