As a life coach, you need to choose to be chosen. Attracting more clients means niching down, and picking an area to specialize in.
This article will introduce you to some of the most unique, popular, and profitable life coaching niches of 2022, to help you narrow down your focus and make your value offer stand out.
Why Choose A Coaching Niche?
Most life coaches struggle to decide whether or not to choose a niche. Some think they may be unnecessarily limiting themselves by choosing a niche. Others, especially new coaches, are not sure what niche to choose because they haven’t coached a lot of clients yet.
If you market yourself as a general life coach, you end up trying to work with everyone, and your brand message can get confusing and untargeted.
If this sounds like you, you’re not alone – but it’s one of the biggest mistakes you can make as a life coach. Marketing yourself as a “generalist” rather than a specialist means trying to work with everyone, and it’s a surefire way to confuse your potential clients.
Niching down is the single most effective way to differentiate yourself from other life coaches and position yourself as an expert. All you need is a clear idea of where your passions, talents, and interests lie, and some knowledge of what types of life coaching niches are in demand. That’s what the next section will cover.
Top 24 Types of Life Coaching Niches: A List
Life is everything from our habits to romantic relationships. Therefore, life coaching niches cover a wide variety of areas that you can choose from.
Mindset Coaching Niches
Most life coaches work with clients on changing their mindsets to obtain different outcomes.
- Habit Coaching: To break habits and form new ones
- Transformative Coaching: To deal with major transformations in life
- Women’s Empowerment: For corporate and businesswomen
- Money Mindset: To change clients’ beliefs on money and finances
- Confidence coaching: For clients who want to become more confident
- Authenticity Coaching: For clients who want to live their most authentic lives
- Life Purpose: To uncover the client’s life purpose
- Manifestation: To manifest results through laws of attraction
Business Coaching Niches
Business owners opt to get coaching to create phenomenal results in their businesses.
- Small Business Coaching: Specifically to deal with small business struggles
- Sales Coaching: To get better at selling products and services
- Marketing and Branding: For better marketing and branding
- Team Coaching: To build a world-class team
Health Coaching Niches
Clients with busy lives generally struggle to keep up their health and wellness.
- Health and Fitness: To become healthier and work on fitness
- Wellness Coaching: To maintain mental health and practice grounding
- Grief Coaching: When clients are dealing with grief and loss
- Anxiety Coach: For clients who struggle with anxiety
- Spirituality: For clients who want to tap into their spirituality
Executive Coaching Niches
High-level executives come for coaching to make an impact in their companies and industries.
- Leadership Coaching: To become better leaders
- Strategy Coaching: To become better at designing strategic direction
- Organizational Coaching: To navigate the organization better
- High-Performance Coaching: To perform at the highest level and fast-track careers
Other niches for life coaches are listed below.
- Relationship Coaching: To improve satisfaction with relationships
- Family and Parenting: To improve the functioning of family systems
- Sexuality and Intimacy Coaching: For more intimacy between partners
Finding Your Unique Niche As A Coach
Now for the million-dollar question: how to choose your coaching niche. Here are the steps you can follow in choosing your niche.
- Review all your strengths and experiences. You can use Quenza tools like Strength Interview Expansion (shown above) and Strengths in Significant Moments for this.
- Think about what types of clients you have enjoyed working with so far. If you haven’t coached many clients yet, consider what types of people you like hanging out with. What are your passions, hobbies, and interests?
- Get to know your purpose. What situations frustrate you? What can move you to tears? What misfortunes make your heartache?
- Create an exhaustive list of niches based on the analysis you’ve done so far.
- To establish a sustainable practice, your clientele should be able to pay you. The list you created in the previous step needs to be narrowed down based on the financial feasibility. You can use a tool like Quenza’s Finding Your Ikigai Expansion (pictured below) to figure out the intersection of your talents, passion, and finances. If you feel strongly about helping clients in a particular niche, but there is little financial feasibility there, you can always offer sliding scale or pro bono services in this niche while working on a few other niches to earn a living.
6 Profitable Niches For Life Coaches in 2022
Based on the demand for the niche and the spending capacity of the clientele, some niches tend to have more earning potential.
The top six most profitable coaching niches are listed below by category.
- Executive Coaching: Executives are the heartbeat of most corporates and the company generally bears the coaching expenses, with leadership and high-performance coaching being two particular profitable niches.
- Business Coaching: Most businesses are aware of the potential for performance and revenue with coaching. Team, sales, and marketing and branding coaching are especially high-ticket niches in this sector, with improved sales being directly linked to a company’s profits.
- Relationship Coaching: We are all beings that desire deep connections with others. So, we’re willing to spend on coaching for dating, marriage, and intimacy.
The Best Online Coaching Niches To Pursue
If you’re looking for a niche that will allow you to practice online, there’s good news.
With a solid internet connection and the right life coaching app, it’s possible to specialize in any coaching niche online.
One great example is Quenza, which makes it easy for you to create and deliver signature programs within your chosen life coaching niche. Quenza gives you a range of tools that enable you to scale up, engage your clients, and craft your coach branding, such as:
- A drag-and-drop Activity builder for creating niche-specific exercises, worksheets, and life coaching tools
- Automated Pathways that will deliver your resources on autopilot
- Science-backed Expansion templates that you can customize and share with clients, rather than designing your tools from scratch
- A Community forum where you can learn from other life coaches
- Real-time data collection, progress tracking, and reporting for all your client exercises
- HIPAA-compliant chat for individual clients and groups
- A GDPR-compliant platform
- Group coaching features, which help you scale up with one-to-many life coaching solutions
- White label functionality, and more.
How To Successfully Scale Your Life Coaching Practice
Scaling up your practice is all about executing the right strategy, and niching down, as we mentioned, is just the start.
If you’re serious about growing your coaching business, click here to download the free PDF online coaching guide we have created to help you:
This guide will introduce you to the most effective ways to centralize, organize, and streamline your life coaching business even while you’re still considering which niche is right for you.
You’ll learn three proven ways to save time and engage your clients on autopilot, as well as the number-one success factor for running a profitable online coaching practice.
It’s never too early to start building scalability into your practice, and this guide will help you do just that.
Our Crafting Your Coach Branding: Best Examples & Strategies article is another great resource if you want to promote your differentiated offer with an effective coach marketing strategy.
Check out this must-read if you want to craft a successful and high-impact message for potential clients!
As you can see, life coaches have many niches to choose from. You can even become creative and come up with a new niche as long as there is a proven clientele for it.
If you’re ready to niche down and grow your practice today, start your $1, 30-day trial of Quenza. Why not build your first niche-specific coaching solution with instant, unlimited access to all of Quenza’s tools?