The health coaching sector has transformed dramatically in recent years—what was once a purely face-to-face industry is now full of clients and coaches working together online.
Knowing how to create your own digital programs, packages, and courses is a must if you’re keen to tap into that growing demand. In this guide, we’ll explain how you can do that easily from your own existing materials.
Are you looking to branch out with an online health coaching program of your own? With this guide and your $1, 1-month trial of Quenza, you can start building your program right away.
To learn how Quenza’s unique tools, features, and templates can help you design a solution, read on!
How To Create Your Health Coaching Program
Every health coach has their unique approach when it comes to developing coaching programs, which are usually refined over time as they come to know their niche and clients.
Before you decide what you’ll offer, it’s vital to get clear on the kind of value you’ll create, who it’s for, and how you’ll deliver it specifically.
Before you decide on what your health coaching program will offer, it’s vital to get clear on the kind of value you’ll create, who it’s for, and how you’ll deliver it specifically.
Among other things, you’ll want to ask yourself the following:
- What can you promise your clients in terms of a transformation? To answer this, you’ll need to know whether you solve a specific problem (e.g., reducing stress), help them achieve a goal (e.g., losing weight), or both.
- Who will you help? Where are they located, and what kind of lives do they lead? Ideally, you should create a client persona that covers their pain points, lifestyle, interests, and values, as well as their basic demographics.
- What format will your program take? Options include purely online coaching and a hybrid program that combines online and offline components.
An initial brainstorming phase is vital if you want to create a tailored coaching program that speaks directly to your target clients. So don’t skip this step—it’s essential!
Based on the insights you gather, you’ll then be able to create a highly relevant, engaging solution by choosing the right structure and materials for the job.
5 Simple Steps To Follow
Whether you’re digitalizing exercises that you already use in person or you’re a complete newcomer to the health coaching game, there are at least 5 simple steps you can follow to develop a program.
Step 1: Planning your coaching pathway
With your coaching promise in mind, you can begin planning out a framework for your program.
It’s often useful to map out the system you use to help clients achieve their goals as a series of steps. What needs to take place for that transformation to happen, and in what order?
At this stage, you might want to take a look at Quenza Expansion pathways like the Creating a Positive Body Image program shown below:
This is an excellent example of how a program comes together as a series of steps, or you can check out our step-by-step guide to creating Pathways here: Best Gratitude Journaling App and Software.
Step 2: Brainstorming names for your program
Once you’ve figured out the steps involved in your pathway, naming your program becomes a whole lot easier.
If you’ve identified a certain number of steps, it’s a really good idea to use these in your program name, e.g., “7 Steps to…”
Make sure you describe your promise in a way that’s catchy, memorable, and as concise as possible, for example: “Manage Stress Like a Pro: 7 Steps to Mindfulness Anywhere.”
Step 3: Curating or creating your materials
When it’s time to create content for your health coaching program, there are two main ways to go about it:
- Design your own worksheets, lessons, meditations, and exercises using Quenza’s Activity Builder, or
- Adapt an Expansion from your library of pre-made templates.
If you’re more inclined to customize a template, check out some further examples in our Ultimate Wellness Coaching Guide For The Modern Coach.
Of course, you can use both approaches in the same program—it’s completely up to you!
Step 4: Packaging them into a program
With Quenza’s Pathway Tools, you can package your tools into a sequence as soon as you’ve finished one Activity.
Each exercise is simply a ‘step’ in your program when you use the Pathway Builder, as shown below:
You can even pre-schedule when each step of your program will be delivered to your client’s Quenza app, as we’re doing with the bespoke Habit Diary above.
Step 5: Piloting your health coaching program
If you can, take your program for a test drive with a few clients that match your persona from Step 1.
This is where a feedback form can reveal all kinds of ways to make your program better, for example by changing your intervals or adapting your materials based on your test clients’ feedback.
3 Helpful Templates For Your Program
Once you’ve planned out your program, Quenza’s Expansion Library is a very useful place to start looking for resources that will help you achieve your goals.
Here are a few templates that can help get your clients from A to B, while also ensuring you deliver a personalized, engaging coaching experience.
1. Coaching Client Agreement
Quenza’s Coaching Client Agreement template can be adapted with your practice policies and terms of service so that you and your clients are on the same page about what your collaboration will involve.
Among other things, you can use this template to establish your availability, schedule, fees, expenses, and response time.
To edit this Coaching Client Agreement, save it to your Activities Library and start editing it in the Activity Builder with your own text, sections, and images.
2. Pre-Coaching Questionnaire
Using the Pre-Coaching Questionnaire Expansion can be a great way to start a health coaching program by exploring your clients’ goals and desires.
Sending this template prior to your first meeting gives you time to structure a personalized intake session in which you dive straight into a client’s coaching objectives.
Some good ideas for customizing this Pre-Coaching Questionnaire (shown above) include adding your own logo, uploading your own images, and using any questions that will help you better personalize your program.
3. Strengths Interview
If you specialize in strengths-based health coaching, this is a perfect template.
In this exercise, your clients can answer questions that will help to reveal their core character strengths, which will help you design intrinsically motivating solutions and offer more personalized feedback throughout your collaboration.
Take a closer look at the Strengths Interview in your Expansion Library to start customizing it for your programs.
6 Ideas For Your Sessions
Looking for more session ideas for your online program?
All Quenza’s Expansion Library templates are easily adapted to suit your niche and coaching style, but the following samples are great suggestions:
- The Motivational Vision Board activity takes your clients step by step through creating a vision board based on their own goals.
- With the Stress Profile reflection, clients can identify their stress triggers and symptoms. This helps them identify warning signs and start to get proactive about managing their stress levels.
- The From Inner Critic To Inner Coach meditation can teach your clients to recognize internal self-critical thoughts and tap into a more self-affirming voice instead, helping them stay on track to achieving their goals.
If you’re looking for more practical suggestions beyond Activities, consider the following ways to engage your health coaching clients using Quenza:
- Run group programs for multiple clients. This can be a great way to keep your participants actively engaged in peer discussions, and you can even run competitions as motivational incentives.
- Upload your own video tutorials using YouTube or Vimeo files in Quenza’s Activity Builder. If you’re a fitness coach or nutritionist, these can be a superb way to share recipes, demonstrate exercises, or dive into specific moves.
- Touch base regularly using Quenza Chat. Offer feedback, advice, and motivation where it’s due and keep your clients on track to success!
The Ultimate Digital Solution For Health Coaches
At first glance, the idea of building a health coaching program on your own can seem overwhelming. But the right tools and features do most of the heavy lifting when it comes to the actual execution.
Quenza comes ready-made with all the tools required to put a program together and deliver it successfully, while staying true to your coach branding and reaching even more clients with your solutions.
It gives you a unique ability to move the needle for your business, with a whole suite of specialized tools designed especially for it.
There are many ways to expand your impact as a health coach, but developing an online program is hands down one of the most effective.
If you’ve got a wellness, nutrition, or fitness coaching framework that you believe can work at scale, try adapting your content for an online audience using Quenza’s $1, 30-day trial.
Let us know what your first program will be, and good luck!