Whatever type of coaching or techniques you use as a life coach, one thing is guaranteed: you need effective life coach apps to succeed in today’s coaching environment. Not least so that you can provide experiential learning to your clients with tools such as the wheel of life assessment.
Most experienced coaches know that the right digital tools make it much, much easier for you to create value because they give you exactly what you need to design, align, and deliver your solutions. If you’re not yet sure what software is right for you, we’ve reviewed the best apps for life coaches in this article.
How Life Coaching Apps Improve Your Practice
If you’re hoping to help your coaching clients virtually, apps can be an important way to ensure your professional services have their full, intended impact in a virtual context.
Put simply, a virtual life coach app are designed to act as a handy, convenient, and powerful toolkit for delivering your life coaching exercises and programs online.
They can help you in a few ways, not least because they enable development journeys that are:
- Location-independent, so your clients can learn anywhere
- Cost-effective, as life coach tools can save you valuable administration time, and
- Secure – with a professional life coach app, your platform will encrypt and privately store confidential information that you or your clients share.
In addition to this, life coaching apps can contain specific features to help you with some of the most significant aspects of your work: building accountability, getting buy-in, and a client’s commitment to a program.
For example, you might go over your client’s current obstacles and setbacks with them during a session.
Together, you might explore solutions for how to overcome hurdles and make and implement plans to help them reach their goals.
After that session comes to an end, however, it’s not unusual for a client to struggle to keep up with their commitments.
At a bare minimum, life coach apps can help greatly with this problem by enabling you to:
- Engage and motivate clients
- Offer feedback and
- Send reminders even while you’re apart.
How Do They Simplify Your Day To Day Work?
There are many ways that a specially-designed coaching app can help you above and beyond managing your practice.
With the right app, for example, you can deliver bespoke, personalized life coaching programs digitally by:
- Creating tailor-made interventions, lessons, and exercises to deliver more relevant solutions
- Curating coaching pathways to include the most effective, needs-aligned resources for your client
- Providing engaging, automated coaching journeys by scheduling your content in advance
- Keeping track of client progress with private, secure, real-time results tracking, and
- Enhancing your efficiency by digitalizing your most commonly-used templates, coaching forms, pathways, and activities.
So what specific features of a life coach app can help you accomplish these goals?
Features To Look For In Life Coach Apps
Here’s a handy list of basic features you probably want your software to offer:
- Communication: you should be able to quickly and easily communicate with your clients through your software. Think instant web-based messaging, smartphone notifications, or email!
- Invoicing and billing: some platforms can handle creating custom invoices and sending them to your clients.
- Data collection: you should be able to collect data from your clients, whether that’s program compliance data or helpful client feedback.
- Content and resource sharing: you should be able to conveniently share resources, information, and handouts with your clients at the click of a button.
- Client profiles: the software should make it easy to create client profiles, view your clients and add relevant information.
- Exporting: whatever data you collect, resources you share, or notes you take, you should be able to quickly and easily export that information. The best coaching platforms make it simple for you to generate PDFs, spreadsheets, or images based on your needs.
This list is a good start, but it’s certainly not exhaustive.
Nevertheless, you may want more, less, or something a little different from your app. That’s because the single best option for you will depend on your practice and the features and tools that will best serve you.
4 Best Software Systems for Life Coaches
To help you choose, we’ve reviewed some of the best life coaching apps for iPhone, Android, and desktop.
Here are our five top picks that stand out as virtual life coach apps because they allow you to tailor your approach for each individual client. They also include specific life coach exercises as well as engaging communication options, so clients feel supported and nurtured.:
|With an intuitive, powerful Activity builder for life coaches and other professionals, Quenza makes it quick and painless to create entire coaching sequences online for sharing with clients. The HIPAA-compliant platform offers drag-and-drop custom form tools for designing assessments, between-session homework, and more.|
|Price||Starts at $1+ monthly|
|Good For||Life Coaching Apps, Coaching Management, Online Coaching, Client Engagement|
|Power Diary is a more lightweight but still widely-used life coaching app that’s perfect for both small and large practices. It offers a complete setup for managing bookings, appointments, invoicing, and more. Power Diary also has a two-way text feature for chats to engage with clients outside of their sessions.|
|Price||Starts at $5+ weekly|
|Good for||Coaching Management, Coaching CRM, Therapy Apps|
|More Info||Power Diary|
|Automating client accountability and resource prep can help life coaches both expand their business and increase their client impact. With CoachAccountable, solo practices and coaching groups get a mobile-friendly platform that performs a range of coaching management functions, plus various coaching tasks.|
|Price||Starts at $20+ USD monthly|
|Good For||Coaching Management, Business Coaching Software|
|More Info||Coach Accountable|
|Coaching.com is a good option for life coaches specializing in any niche. The app includes a range of practice and coaching management tools designed to automate day-to-day tasks such as program design, client tracking, scheduling, billing, and more.|
|Good For||Coaching Management|
How to Automate Your Client Engagement
Coaching software is not a one-size-fits-all product, but if you’re wondering how to work as a life coach more effectively, you should be using an app.
Because it’s either difficult or virtually impossible to deliver engaging, successful coaching journeys without a good software product to help you. That’s especially true when you start working with a full roster of clients!
If you already spend a lot of your time on unbillable coaching tasks, reliable software will definitely help you automate a lot of that legwork:
- Personalizing life coaching exercises
- Sending PDFs
- Following up manually via email,
- And more.
In the next section, we’ve used Quenza to show you how!
Virtual Coaching Made Easy: Step-by-Step Guide
Using a few user-friendly, highly flexible Quenza functions, you can craft everything you need to support and motivate your clients while simplifying your workflow at the same time.
These tools, which you can try out using the $1 software trial, also allow you to control when and how various activities are shared. This makes it easy to personally curate – and even automate – each client’s development journeys for maximum learning in less time.
For example, you have a suite of drag-and-drop tools for building beautiful, effective coaching tools from scratch:
In this screenshot, we’re sharing a few instructions with a custom mp3, but it’s also easy to create your own bespoke solutions from text boxes, drop-down menus, numeric scales, and more.
You can also adapt ready-to-go templates from Quenza’s Expansion library, as shown here:
Customizing popular life coaching templates is not only much faster than manual resource prep, but you can also share your coaching resources directly through the platform. A few personalizable coaching templates include, but aren’t limited to:
- Intake and coaching forms
- Evaluations, and
You can also organize your various Activities into complete Pathways to encompass whole development journeys as shown and drip-feed them to clients:
You can also pre-schedule reminders and notifications for your clients, to improve their progress and results!
Top CRM Features For Your Application
It’s important to know that you won’t necessarily get these from an app that’s more focused on coaching (practice) management.
While note-taking, payment processing, and other tools are good to have, here’s what will ultimately help you create more readiness, buy-in, and long-term engagement:
- A free client app – so coachees can receive your exercises conveniently, anywhere
- Automatic notifications and reminders – to prompt clients about overdue activities
- Instant messaging – so you can “be there” for clients between sessions, and most importantly…
- Bespoke activity and pathway design tools – so you can build truly personalized, effective lessons at scale.
Note: scalability is particularly important. As your life coaching practice grows, you want your software to grow along with you. The right app will make it easy for you to scale up with virtual group coaching activities or even classes!
How To Use Online Platforms For Life Coaching
Now that you know how software can help you, here are some ideas for your online coaching!
The following is a list of life coaching solutions that you can create using Quenza, plus Expansions (free templates in the app) to use for inspiration:
- Guided meditations: try creating your own versions of Quenza’s Three Minute Breathing Space Expansion, pictured above, or The Observer Meditation Expansion,
- Interactive lessons: check out our helpful guide to using your coaching app as online learning software
- Metaphors: Quenza’s Pushing The Ball Under Water Expansion is a good example
- Journals: With Pathway tools, you can create a gratitude journal, habit tracker, or mood diary and send it to your clients on autopilot
- Reflections: e.g. Quenza’s Strengths in Significant Moments Expansion, or the Value Tattoo reflection Expansion, and
- Frameworks: like the Wheel Of Life coaching tool, which you can craft from scratch using Quenza’s unique Wheel of Life feature.
Here’s how to use the Wheel Of Life Assessment.
If you’d like to simplify your day-to-day tasks, you might also consider building a few useful coaching management templates, such as:
- Coaching Evaluations: Modifying Quenza’s Coach Evaluation Form Expansion is a good idea
- Agreements: Use Quenza’s Coaching Client Agreement Expansion for inspiration, or
- Initial and Progress Assessments: Such as Quenza’s Effectiveness of Session Evaluation template or the Life Domain Satisfaction Expansion pictured below.
Coach apps can be geared toward specific niches, such as health or business coaching, or they may add value to your business by simplifying specific workflow elements.
But if your goal is to grow as a life coaching practitioner in your own right while sharing more impactful, client-centered coaching solutions, you’ll want a fully customizable, easy-to-use toolkit that suits your style and business. Use this guide to help you choose and get started right away with your $1 Quenza trial!
Frequently Asked Questions
Most life coaching apps provide testimonials or reviews from satisfied users on their websites or within the app itself. Alternatively, you can also find them in the Google Play store or Apple store (if available for Android and IOS).
Most life coaching apps are designed to be used in conjunction with traditional in-person life coaching sessions. These apps can serve as valuable tools to support and enhance the coaching process. They can provide additional resources, exercises, and tracking features to help clients progress towards their goals.
As a coach, you can choose to use multiple life coaching apps simultaneously to support different aspects of your coaching practice, such as goal setting, journaling, or habit tracking. You can select apps that complement each other and integrate them into your coaching workflow.